When your belly starts to cramp and you feel bloated, tired, and begin craving certain foods, you know your period is on its way.
You’re not alone in this monthly scenario. Up to 85 percent of women experience symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). The hormones that govern your menstrual cycle affect both your body and mind, and can lead to mood-related, PMS symptoms like anxiety and even depression.
In general, women are more likely than men to suffer from anxiety disorders, and anxiety symptoms may increase during your periods.
For many women, simple diet and lifestyle changes, as well as natural remedies, can provide significant relief and even prevent future symptoms.
Here are some tips to get rid of anxiety:
- Eat smaller, more frequent meals instead of large, heavy meals to stabilize blood sugar and control cravings for sweet and salty foods.
- Replace high-fat, sugar- and sodium-laden foods with low-sodium alternatives and complex carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Avoid tobacco, caffeine and alcohol, all of which can increase feelings of anxiety and stress levels.
- Engage in aerobic activity to combat depression and fatigue. Aim for at least 30 minutes of daily exercise such as walking, running, cycling, swimming or other cardiovascular activities.
- Reduce stress with yoga, meditation and deep-breathing exercises. Yoga not only reduces stress, but it also improves your immune system and lowers your blood pressure.
You may try Femiwell, a non-hormonal, pure Ayurvedic formulation (Syrup + Capsules) for the overall well being of the females. Femiwell helps during symptoms of Anxiety, Irritability and Mood swings which affects many females during the Menstural periods. It helps in managing all types of menstrual related problems in a very natural way having practically zero side effects.